Thursday, March 08, 2007

Finally...

Okay, I havent posted in a while because we´ve been rather busy. In short...and in order, after Cusco we went to...

Copacabana, Bolivia. Nice little town on Lake Titicaca. Karl and I went kayaking and I went to the third mass of my life in Bolivias holiest church.

La Paz, Bolivia. Met up with some friends and celebrated Carnaval by having a giant water and foam fight in the Witches Market (complete with llama fetus`, teeth and jaguar skins) with locals and fellow gringos. Biked down the apparent `worlds most dangerous road`...it was a lovely bike ride on the edge of a 300 foot drop. I managed the exact opposite of falling off a cliff - I hit a wall. Went to a Cholito wrestling match where a stunt went horribly wrong and a father wrestled with a giant gash in his forehead from a florescent bulb to the head, and the family sat hystarical in front of us. Despite this it was a fantastic time.

Postosi, Bolivia. Highest city in the world. Played with dynamite and climbed down 4 stories into a working mine. The city is the foot of the world...hard working, kind of ugly and worn...except it should be on the head.

Uyuni, Bolivia. Did a 3 day jeep trek onto the worlds largest salt flats. possibly the most surreal place on the planet. Went very very high up into the mountains and saw geysers, got stuck in the mud for a couple hours, etc. The flats were the highlight, oh - and climbing onto the roof of the jeep while going about 70 km/h. The town of Uyuni sucks, but has good pizza.

San Pedro, Chile. Coolest town I have ever been to in my life. Seems like everyone is younger then 30 and an old hippie. Went to a full moon party in someones backyard on the outskirts of town - lots of fires, live music, drums and people. Every restaurant there is my favourite restaurant in the world.

Santiago, Chile....I got here yesterday. I dont know yet...check out some pics. There are more on andrews blog too...soon...



























No comments: